Best Zero Gravity Recliner for Back Pain | Top 9 Picks, Buying Guide & FAQs (2022)
Have you ever wondered if there is a zero gravity chair that gives the level of comfort you have never experienced before? Well, you are about to learn about it.
If you are having back pain and need a recliner that ultimately gets rid of the pain while you are sitting, you need the best zero gravity recliner for back pain.
A zero gravity chair does not mean the chair isn’t touching the ground; instead, the chair’s structure puts zero pressure on a person’s back while sitting.
This chair structure was designed for astronauts to sit in a space shuttle flying to space, having an s-shaped back with a steep angle for reclining, which reduces pressure on the body.
Due to its structure, the force applied to the body is divided, and the back experiences a very negligible force.
These recliners are readily available in markets as well as online. Still, multiple factors need to be taken care of if you want a perfectly suitable recliner for you.
We have conducted research based on various products and picked different recliners for different needs accordingly. Below is the list of products where you can get a recliner that suits you best.
Best Zero Gravity Recliner for Back Pain / Top 9 Picks
Real Relax Zero Gravity Massage Recliner Chair
Weight: 217 pounds
LxWxH: 43 x 25 x 24 inches
Brand: Real Relax
|Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Oversized Recliner Chair||Material: high quality fabric & powder coated aluminum tubes|
Weight: 23.2 pounds
LxWxH: 21.5 x 24 x 29.5 inches
Brand: Timber Ridge
SMAGREHO Electric Zero Gravity Massage Recliner
|Material: Faux Leather|
Weight Limit: 300 pounds
LxWxH: 43 x 25 x 24 inches
|HITO Outdoor Sun Loungers Zero Gravity Recliner||Material: Metal|
Weight: 15 pounds
LxWxH: 30 x 26 x 31 inches
|iRest Full Body Zero Gravity Recliner||Material: Durable Upholstery |
Weight: 199.6 pounds
LxWxH: 61.02 x 29.53 x 45.08 inches
|Caravan Canopy Zero Gravity Loveseat Recliner||Material: Alloy Steel|
Weight: 32 Pounds
LxWxH: 36.2 x 44.9 x 41.3 inches
Brand: Caravan Canopy
Cozzia Dual Power ZG Recliner
|Material: Faux Leather|
Weight: 95 pounds
LxWxH: 42 x 31.5 x 46 inches
|Caravan Canopy Zero Gravity Loveseat Recliner||Material: Leather|
Weight: 145 pounds
LxWxH: 43 x 31 x 47 inches
Brand: Human Touch
PHI VILLA Textilene Zero Gravity Lounge Recliner Chair
|Material: Alloy Steel, breathable fabric|
Weight: 22.2 pounds
LxWxH: 38.2 x 26.5 x 5.5 inches
Brand: PHI VILLA
1. Real Relax Zero Gravity Massage Recliner Chair
Real Relax recliner is a well-made recliner because of its unique structure based on relaxation to the back while suffering from back pain.
It gives relief to the back at zero reclining position, which is called the best zero gravity recliner for back pain.
Besides its relaxation, this recliner has a bigger LCD remote controller, which controls your recliner through your voice.
It has Dual-Core and S-track robot hands at the upper and lower back, which massage your whole back parts.
This recliner warms your back at the three-position upper, middle and lower and is available in two colors, black and blue.
- First, it will relax your body by providing an eight-point massage with whole back heating quality.
- The control system of this recliner is different from other recliners because you can control this recliner with your voice.
- In addition to its reclining mechanism, it can massage your leg up to some extent.
Does Your Recliner Cause Back Pain Problem? Check Proper Guide.
Best Recliners for Sleeping, Seniors Choice.
What Do You Mean By a Zero Gravity Recliners? Check Out Here.
2. Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Oversized Recliner Chair
Timber Ridge recliner is an anti-gravity recliner that can support a heavyweight person because of its sturdy frame.
This recliner has a durable polyester fabric and premium quality elastic cord, which makes it sturdy enough for everyday use.
This outdoor recliner is designed for providing the best zero gravity reclining for back pain. Furthermore, it has the most straightforward locking mechanism, which locks the recliner to any position.
Besides its design, this recliner has full padded seating and a removable pillow for both head and lumbar support.
- It is easy to carry at any place of your desire, and you can fold and unfold this recliner in seconds.
- It is the best zero gravity recliner for back pain because you will feel less stress on your backside.
- Moreover, you can easily stretch your body because the recliner’s length is plenty large.
3. SMAGREHO Electric Zero Gravity Massage Recliner
SMAGREHO is a new full body massage recliner with a zero-gravity design that enables you to take any position of your desire.
In order to explain its massage feature, this recliner has eight back rollers that massage parts of the body like shoulders, back and waist.
In addition to the massage feature of this recliner, it also has small massage airbags at different zones.
Furthermore, this recliner relieves the back, the foot and calves. Over and above that, it has a Bluetooth music connection for playing audio music.
- This recliner allows you to play music in your comfort zone through the Bluetooth music device, which is present on the side of the recliner.
- This recliner is entirely based on relaxation, which relaxes your body even if you suffer back pain.
- Moreover, this recliner will massage your foot, which promotes blood circulation in your body.
4. HITO Outdoor Sun Loungers Zero Gravity Recliner
HITO is the best zero gravity recliner for back pain for some reasons, like reclining angle, through which you can adjust the recliner at your desired zero gravity angle or position.
In addition to its relief to back pain, this recliner has a removable cotton pad that is well padded and gives relief in back pain.
It has a detachable headrest that comforts the head and neck region. The back of the recliner is tightly held through the double-strand latex rope for high support to the back.
This recliner has a safety screw helmet and ABS steel pipe, making it durable and sturdy for its safety. It also has a storage rack for drinking, which is present at the side of the recliner.
- This recliner provides you breathability without a pad which is ideal for summertime.
- Over and above that, you can fold and unfold this recliner, and you can carry it at any place of your wish.
- It reduces the pressure on your blood circulation through automatically stretching and is based on ergonomic principles.
5. iRest Full Body Zero Gravity Recliner
iRest is a voice-controlled smart massage recliner designed to provide a professional and intelligent massage experience in your home.
It is equipped with intelligent voice control and is easy to operate.
It has quick access buttons on the armrest, which control the tilting function of the recliner.
Furthermore, when the recliner starts, the automatic body scanning system will massage many parts of the body.
Besides the above qualities, the recliner footrest can be extended up to 7.8 inches. The foot rollers mimic the feel of thumbs. You can play the music through Bluetooth-Speaker.
- It is the best zero gravity recliner for back pain because it will give you a comfortable position and relieve your back.
- The backrest supports the entire weight of your body, thereby maximizing the intensity of the massage.
- The airbags compress your body parts which initiate good blood circulation in your whole body.
6. Caravan Canopy Zero Gravity Loveseat Recliner
The Caravan recliner is an infinity zero Gravity recliner that reduces pressure on the back and elevates the legs in the best position. The gravity-free environment stimulates the situation like astronauts experience in space.
To relieve back pain pressure, you can also check a well written guide based on recliner pressure sore cushions.
This recliner has durable, long-lasting Textilene fabric suspended by a double bungee system on high strength. Furthermore, the steel frame of this recliner is powder-coated, which increases its durability.
Besides its above quality, this recliner has a dual fingertip locking system that locks the recliner in any position.
- This recliner offers the ultimate portable comfort to your back while reclining.
- It has a new and improved locking system that allows you to lock the recliner in any position.
- Moreover, you can fold this recliner, and it is easy to carry to your desired place.
7. Cozzia Dual Power ZG Recliner
Cozzia is made of polyurethane material, a stiff and rigid plastic matter, making the recliner durable and fashionable.
The operating system of the headrest and footrest of the recliner work independently. Moreover, this recliner is available in three colors; black, chocolate and ivory.
Besides its color, this recliner has a soothing and vibrating massage and heat support, giving relief to your back.
- This recliner has a small removable pillow on the headrest, which gives you support in the head and neck region.
- Furthermore, it keeps your lumbar warm and another small pillow for more support to your back.
- It is a zero-gravity power recliner, so you will not waste your energy in reclining.
8. Caravan Canopy Zero Gravity Loveseat Recliner
Specific companies try to make the best zero gravity recliner for back pain, and this recliner is one of them. It has a full-support head pillow with extended armrests, which give constant support while in zero gravity position.
This recliner has adjustable lumbar support, and the lever helps to recline to get the desired position. Furthermore, it has smooth-motion glide rails which glide recliners on the hard surface.
Over and above features, this recliner has premium and top-grain leather, which is easy to clean. Its frame and base are made up of Hevea Brasiliensis wood, a tough wood.
- This recliner will support your lumbar by adjusting itself in many positions, like elevated positions.
- Moreover, the recliner silk pad is designed for your ergonomic comfort and support.
- The recliner lever helps you recline it in your desired position, and its small pillow gives you comfort while reclining.
9. PHI VILLA Textilene Zero Gravity Lounge Recliner Chair
PHI VILLA is designed as the best zero gravity recliner for back pain due to its friendly and breathable quality. Its fabric is sustainable in harsh conditions like weather resistance, stain resistance, or UV resistance.
In addition to its durability, this recliner has a double solid bungee rope, and the reinforced tube makes it durable.
Besides its permanency, it has a detachable head pillow that provides comfort to the head. Furthermore, it also has a helpful adjustable canopy on sunny days.
- This recliner has a large armrest for your comfort, and a head pillow will give you relief in headache conditions.
- Its durable and stain-resistant textilene gives you comfort and durability so that you can use it for a long time.
- It is effortless to lock the recliner; just by pulling the clip back, you will get your desired position.
Best Zero Gravity Recliner for Back Pain, Buying Guide:
While buying the best zero gravity recliner for back pain, you need to tick off the requirements criteria before placing the order.
People often find something missing in their product due to the lack of research conducted about the product, but we have covered you.
Not only is it essential to buy something that has the perfect functionality you desire, but it also matches the entire look of the room and is portable enough to be moved from place to place.
When deciding which recliner to select from a variety of options, you will need to pick a chair that not only has the capacity to handle the weight limit but as well as the durability of the chair, the material it is made from, the ease of use, and many other factors elaborately explained below.
Zero Gravity Recliner for Back Pain, Considerations:
Zero Gravity Functionality:
The zero gravity chairs are controlled via a switch using which we can adjust the chair’s reclining. You can also recline the chair manually and adjust it in a comfortable position.
The new models have the feature of auto reclining according to the body’s adjustment. This works well when you choose to get a massage from your recliner, as it first turns into a zero-gravity position and then starts massaging the body.
Different recliners have varying weight capacities ranging between 300 to 500 pounds. Taking into consideration the weight limit of the recliner is very important as it has an impact on the life span of the recliner.
If the weight limit is exceeded, chances of the chair wearing out increase. Also, chairs designed for specific weight ranges would work best on body weights that fit the criteria.
Size of Recliner:
The best zero gravity recliner for back pain comes in different sizes for varying dimensions of the different bodies. More significant in size means heavier in weight.
The less weight and size a recliner has, the more portable it would be and the easier it is to carry from place to place. Therefore you should find a balance between the best features and portability.
Accessories of the Chair:
The recliners don’t bear many accessories for the reason that all that the user needs is embedded in the product itself. The headset option to be added or removed is available in some recliners.
At the same time, some have auto adjustment and also use the remote control. Some companies provide extra padding or cushioning as well to increase customization.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Would I need a doctor’s permission in order to use a zero gravity chair for back pain?
There is no such harm in using zero gravity recliners for back pain when using them. Still, doctors should be consulted anyway for maximum reduction of risk to your health.
Can Children use the zero gravity recliners?
Recliners are generally designed for adults; therefore, it would not only be challenging to buy one for children because of the lack of availability, but also it’s not a good idea for kids to use it.
Zero gravity recliners are both for relaxation as well as for people having back pain who want to sit in a chair that puts zero pressure on the back.
In order to buy the best zero gravity recliner for back pain, you need to consider some factors before purchasing the chair, for example, the weight limit of the chair, the dimensions, portability, remote control reclining of the chair, and many more.
The massaging function activates after the recliners automatically set the zero gravity position according to the body’s adjustments.
Weight limits should be checked before buying the recliner as it contributes majorly to the product’s durability. The size of the recliner has its pros and cons.
The bigger the size, the more functionality and advanced features such as remote reclining, heating the cushions, auto adjustments, but it becomes hard to carry. On the other hand, recliners, small in size, have fewer features but are portable.