10 Best Pressure Sore Cushions for Recliners | Recliner Cushions Buyer’s Guide
Let’s face it; a recliner is not the kind of furniture meant for light use. It’s your bed away from your actual bed and a great way to stay comfortable as you spend the whole day in the living room. Recliners are large enough to be comfortable for longer periods of use, and you can even use them to nap. However, sitting in a recliner can prove to be a little exhaustive as well. A recliner puts a lot of pressure on certain pressure points of your body. This can lead to a sore body with a mild amount of pain that you’ll feel even after leaving the recliner.
However, there are a few cushions out there that are a great way for you to alleviate some of that pain. Let’s get down to the options.
Quick Look of Top 10 Best Pressure Sore Cushions for Recliners
|Vive Cushion – Gel Seat Pad for Coccyx, Orthopedic Back Support||Material: Foam|
Weight: 4.29 pounds
LxWxH: 18 x 15.5 x 3 inches
|COMFORTANZA Thick Non-Slip Chair Seat Cushion for Recliners||Material: Foam|
Weight: 4.34 pounds
LxWxH: 20 x 20 x 5 inches
|ROHO Mosaic Cushion, Standard, Inflatable Seat Cushion||Material: Foam|
Weight: 2.4 Pounds
LxWxH: 16.2 x 8 x 4.3 inches
|ComfiLife Gel Enhanced Seat Cushion||Material: memory foam, Gel|
Weight: 1.45 Pounds
LxWxH: 17.6 x 13.8 x 2.75 inches
|FOMI Premium All Gel Orthopedic Seat Cushion||Material: Gel|
Weight: 2.2 Pounds
LxWxH: 15 x 17 x 1.25 inches
|Helishy Double Thick Egg Gel Cushion for Pressure Pain Relief||Material: Gel|
Weight: 2.14 Pounds
LxWxH: 16 x 14 x 1.65 inches
|Tektrum Thick Orthopedic Cool Gel Seat Cushion||Material: Foam|
Weight: 3.04 pounds
LxWxH: 18 x 1.8 x 16 inches
|DMI Egg Crate Sculpted Foam Chair Cushion||Material: Foam|
Weight: 0.89 Pounds
LxWxH: 4.5 x 15.63 x 17.25 inches
|Purple Foldaway Seat Cushion | Pressure Reducing Grid Designed for Ultimate Comfort||Material: Rubber|
Weight: 1.27 Pounds
LxWxH: 8.89 x 21.59 x 35.56 inches
|Sojoy iGelComfort Coccyx Orthopedic Luxury Non-Slip Seat Cushion||Material: Rubber|
Weight: 2 Pounds
LxWxH: 18 x 17 x 2 inches
1. Vive Cushion – Gel Seat Pad for Coccyx, Orthopedic Back Support – Our Pick
Viva Cushion is one of the best pressure sore cushions for recliners out there. It’s a great addition to any recliner chair that increases the comfort of your recliner tenfold. By definition, this cushion is a gel seat cushion. This means that it is capable of distributing pressure evenly across the contact area. This is exactly what separates this cushion from your recliner surface. It adapts to your posture and provides comfort accordingly.
The cushion is also completely waterproof and water-resistant. It keeps water away from the foam and ensures that your foam is never affected by any spills. The Viva Cushion is super compact. It’s big enough to be comfortable and small enough that it doesn’t affect portability.
- It will provide you with ultra-comforting back support and is extremely helpful for people that are affected by some sort of mobility issues.
- These fantastic cushions have waterproof covers that make them easy to clean.
- They are highly supportive of ulcers or pressure sores. They have four-layer foam for extra comfort.
2. COMFORTANZA Thick Non-Slip Chair Seat Cushion for Recliners
From the look and feel (and, of course, the image) of this cushion, it’s pretty obvious that this was made specifically for recliner chairs. It has a velvety fabric that offers the ultimate level of comfort and relieves pain like nothing else. This is a great addition to a recliner that has a slightly worn-down cushion. The Comfortanza cushion is a great accessory to go with a ragged old recliner chair.
The bottom surface of this recliner is specifically designed to ensure that there is minimal slippage. This recliner is going to stay right in place and won’t move an inch.
The best part about this recliner is how easy to clean it really is. The exterior fabric is removable and super easy to clean. This is a multipurpose cushion and can be conveniently used on a chair, recliner, sofa, or stool.
- A very conformable large-size cushion. It has ideal and standard dimensions so that it can easily be adjustable. (20x20x5)
- Highly thick and super comfortable chair seat cushion that provides extra relief to the backbone, Sciatica, or Tailbone Pain.
- It is stain-resistant which makes it handy to clean. Reliable for long-time use also the best pressure cushion for the elderly.
3. ROHO Mosaic Cushion, Standard, Inflatable Seat Cushion
ROHO Mosaic Cushion is the ideal product for people struggling with mobility issues. It’s more of a medical cushion and is a great option for people that are at risk of tissue breakdown of any kind. The ROHO cushion is adaptive to the shape of the user and can offer an amazing amount of comfort for extended periods of time.
Everything you need to set this cushion up is included in the packaging. It features a 3″ inflated polyvinyl interconnected air cells build, a non-slip cover, and a hand inflation pump.
Like the other top cushions on this list, the outside cover on this cushion is also machine washable and can even be airdried. It’s super breathable, which makes it a great product for people living in humid and warm weather.
- This good product has very fashionable dimensions that can easily be adjustable on any couch or ideal-size recliner.
- It is an inflatable cushion that is great for office chairs, wheelchairs and recliner chairs.
- It is super comfortable with a stretchable cover, efficient for the relief of back pain.
4. ComfiLife Gel Enhanced Seat Cushion
The ComfiLife cushion is another top-quality gel-based cushion on our list. It’s the ultimate all-rounder that features a plethora of features to make your seating periods extremely comfortable.
The design of this cushion is meant to support your tailbone in a way that can take a lot of pressure off your back. The design promotes healthy posture and will greatly increase the overall comfort of your life. It features a non-skid surface on the bottom, a machine-washable cover, and a handle for portability.
On top of all of that, you’re also getting an extra layer of cool-off gel on top for a little extra comfort that we always appreciate.
- It is super comfortable with a stretchable cover.
- It is stain-resistant, which is why it is easy to clean and use for long periods.
- It is highly supportive for back pain or Sciatica.
5. FOMI Premium All Gel Orthopedic Seat Cushion
If you’re looking for a premium cushion for your recliner, it doesn’t get better than the FOMI Premium All Gel Cushion. Premium is right there in the name!
Primarily, this is an orthopedic cushion. This means that it is specifically engineered to help people suffering from mobility issues. This includes things like sciatica, degenerative disc disorders, and coccyx issues. If you have a chronic ailment that’s affecting your ability to move around properly, this is definitely a great purchase for you.
The cushion features medical-grade gel, which is a little different from the gel cushions we’ve seen on this list. Medical-grade gel is capable of maintaining its form even after long periods of usage. And, once you get off it, it’ll conveniently return to its original position.
- It is made up of medical-grade gel, which is highly breathable and durable.
- The FOMI Premium cushion comes at a pretty affordable price.
- It has ideal dimensions, which make it extremely versatile to use in a variety of scenarios.
6. Helishy Double Thick Egg Gel Cushion for Pressure Pain Relief
The Helishy Double Thick Egg Gel Cushion is a great product if you’re looking for pain relief. This unique cushion comes with 500 perfectly balanced honeycomb grids, which are extremely helpful at dispersing pressure without losing support. The best part about this cushion is the sheer thickness it has. The thickness of this cushion is 1.65 inches, which is great for supporting heavier weights.
The honeycomb grid design isn’t just great because it helps with balancing out your weight evenly. It also helps with airflow and will keep you cool and comfortable throughout the day. When it comes to the other side of the cushion, you’re getting a non-slip cover that is secured in place with a zipper. You can take it off and give it a nice wash whenever you want.
- The honeycomb grid pattern isn’t just comfortable, it keeps you cool as well.
- Extremely affordable
- Recommended for people suffering from any kind of tailbone problems, sciatica problems, etc.
7. Tektrum Thick Orthopedic Cool Gel Seat Cushion
The Tektrum Thick Orthopedic cushion is a little different from the cushions you’ve seen on our list so far. The cushions we’ve discussed already used either foam cushioning or gel to support a person’s bottom. However, the Tektrum cushion is a unique piece of art that combines the best of both worlds with a layer of soft gel placed over high-density foam. A lot of cushions usually get thinner over time. This is a pretty different solution to the problem from Tektrum, as the combination of these two materials will keep this cushion comfortable for extended periods of time.
Apart from that, the cushion has a low-shear neoprene cover that is super breathable and offers great ventilation. Tektrum improved this even further with the array of vents placed on top of the cushion, which makes the whole package that much sweeter.
- It is extremely versatile and can be used in your car, office, sofa, or recliner.
- Water-repellent neoprene covering keeps your foam dry.
- The cushion and the material used stays clean and is super easy to wash when the need arises.
8. DMI Egg Crate Sculpted Foam Chair Cushion
DMI Egg crate sculpted foam chair cushions are to heal the pain that you feel when you are exhausted during your work because of back pain or pressure wounds. As the name suggests, the cushion is made of medical-grade egg crate foam, which helps tremendously to reduce the pressure on sensitive areas and is great for improving breathability as well.
It’s made of non-skid material and will stay in place regardless of what you’re putting it on. In terms of usage, you can put this cushion on anything you spend extended hours on. You’re free to use it with anything from your car seat to your recliner.
- This is a highly stable pressure sores cushion for the recliner. It can easily fit into your office chair, Recliner, office, car seat, or Wheelchair with very durable dimensions.
- It is non-slippery that helps you to adjust your weight without sliding or slipping.
- It is convenient to clean and maintain. You can easily loosen up with this available cushion.
9. Purple Seat Cushion | Pressure Reducing Grid Designed for Ultimate Comfort
If the design of the cushions mentioned above was a bit lackluster for your taste, this cushion from The Purple Store might just be exactly what you’re looking for. It features a decent-looking purple cushion that will be a great addition to your seating. It’s advertised for gamers, so if you spend extended hours on the recliner gaming, it’s the perfect piece to stick above the recliner seat for added comfort.
In terms of breathability, it really doesn’t get better than the Purple Seat cushion. It has hundreds of air channels that are paired with a temperature-neutral material. This means that it won’t get hot during the summer and won’t get cold during the winter.
The best part about this specific cushion is that it’s made to last a long time. A common complain for cushion users is that the cushion flattens down after some time. The Purple Store has made this cushion specifically to ensure that doesn’t happen. If it does, there’s a one year warranty to back you up.
- It is designed in a pressure-reducing grid design that will provide you with ultimate comfort. It is intended for bleachers and events.
- It is made up of high-quality delighted material so you can enjoy a great time enjoying great comfort.
- It is very portable and highly comfortable, super-efficient for reducing back pain or relieving pressure sores.
10. Sojoy iGelComfort Coccyx Orthopedic Luxury Non-Slip Seat Cushion
Sojoy gel comfort Coccyx Cushion is designed as a unique pressure sore cushion for recliners. It. can assist your body with being steady, and you can take care of your responsibilities reliably with practically no back pain and tiredness. It’s made with gel material that is capable of maintaining shape even after extended periods of time.
The design is made to improve breathability and allows your blood to flow easily. This serviceable cushion will allow air to move freely. It can likewise keep your seat from heating up after a long time of work.
- It is manufactured with a comfortable gel, that’s why it is highly breathable. It will prevent the seat from warming in case of long-time use.
- It is luxuriously not slippery. You can easily adjust your weight without slipping or falling.
- It is highly comfortable with a thick and stretchable cover. It is waterproof and stain-resistant. You can easily clean it.
Pressure Sore Cushions for Recliners: Factors to Consider
There are certain significant risk factors to look out for if you or a loved one requires a pressure-relieving or pressure-lowering cushion. If any of the following are true, a pressure relief cushion will most likely be needed:
1. The person has limited mobility due to an accident or illness and sits for long periods.
2. The person cannot reposition themselves in the chair, causing them to sag to one side or slide forward, and requires assistance to achieve a normal position.
3. The person is thought to have thin skin and/or a high risk of pressure sores.
4. The person must be transferred using a hoist.
The material of the recliner cushion is an essential factor in your choice because it can impact your comfort. For example, memory foam recliner cushions are very common and also very comfortable. This style of cushion, however, is not breathable. This means that if you sit on it for a lengthy period, it may become hot.
Other materials, such as gel or polymer, are more breathable because they are typically arranged in columns or a hexagonal pattern, allowing air to flow freely. The disadvantage of this sort of material is that it is often less soft than foam cushions.
Because there are so many pricey products available, budget is another critical issue. However, just because something is more expensive does not mean it is more lasting or effective.
Think about how much you’re willing to pay versus how much comfort you’ll get when it comes to spending money. You want something that will provide you with both cost and convenience, and finding a balance between the two can be difficult.
Because pressure relief cushions for recliners are costly, you’ll want to be able to use them in a variety of locations and situations, which necessitates portability. Look for something light and portable. You’ll be able to bring them to the office, vehicle, and ballgames for a more comfortable sitting position.
The right cushion height might also make a difference in your comfort. A too-thin cushion can be unsupportive and cause you extra pain. On the other hand, an excessively high pillow can make it challenging to accomplish regular chores such as typing or writing because your entire body is now higher than the appropriate height because of the cushion.
Your standing size also determines the height of your cushion. Find a cushion that allows you to put your feet flat on the floor and your knees in line with your hips. When utilizing a cushion, you can also change the height of your chair to achieve the ideal sitting height.
When choosing a pressure relief cushion system for your rising recliner, keep in mind the chair’s movement, the entire surface in contact with the user, and the user’s or cushion’s tendency to slide forward while moving.
With all of this in mind, there are a few elements that you MUST seek in a rising recliner cushion system:
1. To move with the cushion, the cushion system should have various movement points.
2. The system should have affixing straps to keep it in place when moving.
3. It should be broad or long enough to cover the entire user’s body, including all touch areas (head, back, buttocks, and legs).
4. As an added safeguard to prevent forward sliding, it should ideally have a non-slip base.
Recliners’ pressure relief cushions are widely used since they are a simple solution to relieve pain and prevent pressure sores. It takes time to find the proper cushion, but trust us when we say it’s worth it.
For recliners, pressure relief cushions are “analgesic,” or they are a “wine” for added pleasure. In either case, you may buy it to make your time with your worthy recliner pleasant and wonderful.
Whether you work or nap, your recliner should not make you sweat, pain, or tire. Along with other measures, a pressure relief cushion for a recliner is the ultimate solution for your precious health and comfort.